- Dovercourt Retailers
Dovercourt Harwich, Co-operative Society
Hill Top Bakery, Dovercourt High Street
- An interesting view looking East along the High Street, Dovercourt taken in 1907.
- The original photograph was taken near the junction of Hill Road and Mill Lane, looking East along the High Street. The Bakery and many of the houses further down the road, have since been demolished (now Iceland foods).
- This early card was one of the famous "Bill Hopkins collection" and produced by Bell's Photo Company from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.
Thompsons Model Store, Dovercourt Hight Street in 1907
- An interesting view looking east of the High Street, Dovercourt taken in 1907.
- The main view is of Thomson's (Grocer and provisions merchant) at 84-86 the High St.
- This building is now occupied by Joseph Lord the Opticians (now 145 the High Street)
- The postcard was posted on the 22nd December 1907 at 2:45 in the afternoon.
- The original photograph was taken near the junction of Kingsway & High St looking east.
Woolworths store, 246-250 High Street, Dovercourt circa 1936.
- Known as the "3d & 6d" store.
- Store Number 535, opened in 1934, sadly closed on 30th December 2008.
- The frontage was increased by one half in 1937 (note builders sign to the left).
- Re-opened as Iceland on 17th December 2009.